All participants should adhere to the ACNM Code of Conduct.
Along with the ACNM Code of Conduct, use the following guidelines to enhance your participation in the community of your choice.
- Stay on topic. Do not discuss irrelevant topics or post non-related links or images.
- Respect the opinions of your peers. If you feel the need to disagree, do so respectfully. Acknowledge that others are entitled to have their own perspective.
- Do not write anything that sounds angry or sarcastic even in humor. Without hearing your tone, your colleagues may not realize you are joking.
- Do not type in ALL CAPS. It could appear as if you are screaming.
- Check the most recent comments before you reply to a comment to ensure you are responding to the latest post.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals, not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link in every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list,” to the group. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. To change your email address, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new email address; simply change your settings.
- Avoid excessively long posts. Limit word count to no more than 700 words. Additional content can be added as attachments.