ACNM Connect is our hub for member conversations, questions, insights, opinions, news, and ideas. It is designed to help members connect and thrive as a welcoming community. It allows you to reach out to other members at any time and to be there for one another.
To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation. By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. You also agree to reserve discussions and shared files and content to that best suited to the medium. This is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation. Questions should be directed to our membership department via the Contact Us link on this site.
- Strive for open, honest, and respectful dialogues with one another. Discussions should encourage conversation and not create divisiveness or tension. Every member deserves the opportunity to express his or her opinions openly and in a civil, respectful manner.
- Never share protected health information (PHI) on ACNM Connect. For more information about PHI, see http://bit.ly/2wVCah9
- Disclose sources of shared information and respect intellectual property rights of information shared by other users.
- Be mindful of the information you share — any personally identifiable information you share can be seen by persons with access to ACNM Connect.
- Do not forward conversations to non-members.
- Do not post solicitations of any kind (research, survey, service and/or product promotions, etc.)
- Do not post job openings and/or inquiries.
- Do not post political promotions and/or self interests.
- Do not use ACNM for commercial advertising purposes.
- Use caution when discussing products. Comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws. If you request information about a product or service suggestion, note that any responses are considered personal referrals and not an ACNM endorsement. ACNM does not endorse particular vendors.
- Honor our differences. ACNM will not tolerate discrimination (including age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, or marital status or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local laws, regulations or ordinances). Inappropriate postings may subject you to being removed from ACNM Connect.
Discussion Group Etiquette
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals, not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link in every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list,” to the group. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing email addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new email address. Simply change your settings.
- Avoid excessively long posts, for example longer than 700 words—add them as attachments.
In order to preserve an environment that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to remove content and suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violate these rules. If you spot something problematic in one of our communities, please flag it for us via the Contact Us link.
Please note: The Code of Conduct is subject to change without notice. ACNM Connect assumes no responsibility for the preservation or protection of any materials posted and reserves the right to remove forums with inactivity of at least 12 months or more.