Everything you really need to know about ACNM Connect.
- What is ACNM Connect? Previously eMidwife Discussion Groups (listservs), ACNM Connect is an ACNM member-only forum with new and improved features enabling members to easily interact and work effectively together.
- Can non-members participate in ACNM Connect? ACNM Connect is currently a member-only benefit. We suggest those who are interested in participating on ACNM Connect join ACNM as an Associate Member.
- Where are the ['Midwives Teaching Midwives', Clinical Manage, etc.] groups? All public Special Interest Groups can be found under All Communities (Communities > All Communities > Under All Community Types, select Special Interest Group)
- How do I unsubscribe (and/or change email frequency) from a community? In the main menu, click on your photo icon, select PROFILE > MY ACCOUNT > COMMUNITY NOTIFICATIONS, then select how often you would like to receive emails for each community. Your options are: Daily Digest, Real Time, or No Email. You may also find visual instructions via the ACNM Connect Guide by clicking here.
- How do I access the Town Hall? The Town Hall community is located under All Communities (All Communities/Types > Open Forum > Town Hall). Please note: submitted Town Hall posts are moderated and are subject to approval or rejection by ACNM.
- How do I connect directly with another member? Connections can occur by (1) clicking on a members profile and selecting 'add as contact' OR (2) searching your profile directory (Profile > My Connections > Contacts > Search Directory) to find a member and then selecting 'add as contact'.
- I have to copy and paste my signature in every post - help! Please update your signature via your profile settings (Profile > My Account > Discussion Settings) to maintain your signature standard across all posts.
- Can I post surveys? ACNM does not allow solicitation of our members for non-approved surveys or research on ACNM Connect. Requests to access members via the ACNM mailing list or ACNM Connect, or to conduct surveys at the annual meeting must be sent to the ACNM national office to the attention of Andre Owens, Manager, Membership & Marketing, at email@example.com, and Elaine Germano, Senior Education Policy Advisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please check back periodically for additional questions and updated information.
- Can I post job opportunities on ACNM Connect? ACNM does not allow job postings, openings and/or inquiries on ACNM Connect. Job Seekers, should visit MidwifeJobs.com for job opportunities. Employers, make sure to post your jobs on MidwifeJobs.com – note that ACNM members receive discounts on select packages.